Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mumbai Darshan

A couple of weeks back got a call from Nokia representative asking me to try out their latest offering the N8 smartphone. The Nokia N8 introduces a 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and Xenon flash, HD-quality video recording, film editing software and Dolby surround sound. All in a beautiful, aluminium design. We decided to do a Mumbai darshan titled N8 Urban spree to test out this gadget. All images on this post have been taken with the Nokia N8. Started out from Cafe Mondegar behind the Taj Mahal Hotel and rode in the quintessential Premier Padmini ‘Kaali Peeli’ taxi.
Our ride Chunky jewelery on sale outside Cafe Mondegar Drumming up a sale Busy street outside Cafe Mondegar Victoria The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation headquarters. Chhatrapati Shivaji railway terminus Excitement on Fashion street Olde Mumbai
Dhobi ghat
At Mahalaxmi after capturing some Dhobi ghat pics we decided to travel by the lifeline of Mumbai – the local train.
Mahalaxmi railway station
In the train Lower Parel railway station
Got off at Parel and walked through the full of life streets till the High Street Phoenix shopping
Barber shop Spoilt for choice! Cat walk? Tuition classes Chicken shop Chawl Chaiwallah Chaatwallah Cycle repairshop Footwear repairs Fresh juice Will sharpen Hot wadas A gully A florist On a high! Omelet paav Care for a read? Roasting peanuts Our pilot Parel Worli seaface
complex and then back on the road again till Cafe Coffee Day in Bandra. It is a great camera and gives good images even in low light. You can do most photo processing in the camera and upload it directly to your social networks. Great for street photography as it is not intimidating. I liked it. Have not been paid for this review. For more on nokia.com/n8

19 comments:

  1. Seems good for photography. My trips to Kadambar Koil in Karur and Gorai Beach in Mumbai, all the pics were taken with my Samsung D780 before I lost it!!! Sobs!!! Missing my phone!!! :(

    Pls wish my Angel a Happy Married Life
    Trichy Temple Tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir this must be a nifty phone to have-the picture quality is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been having fun with your latest gadget! I do love the tour of Mumbai that you've given us, especially the food stops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics . I liked the cat walk pic very much .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camera quality is quite good, I must say.
    I would have also loved to be a part of such fun events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. u really manage to capture the essence the city even without a dslr. it was like i was there the whole outing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely...Mumbai has an unforgettable charm about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was madly in love with mumbai... but after seeing ur pics...... te love has grown deeper..!!

    wel, one question... wen u click pics of people on the street , say chai wala or any other walas........ dnt they get angry or frustrated or sumthing sumthing???

    ReplyDelete
  10. @shruthi.. as long as you appear friendly they are okay :) best thing is to chat with them before clicking.
    :)
    if they are hostile i dont click and respect their privacy,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, Deepak. You know, I've never taken a picture with any of my cell phones. My boys gave me the Droid 2 for my October birthday. It is quite the gadget, with a superior camera, or so I'm told, but I have yet to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics dude... a great Mumbai darshan!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have visited most of the places. Still it feels good to watch our Mumbai .. informative tooo...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice shot of CST. Others too. Not bad for a Nokia, but, I guess, the photographer makes a difference as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can set manual blur or blur effects on your stylish photos. Click on the blur tool & move your finger on the Background blur effect unwanted object that you want to blur & keep the special object area that you want to show without blur.

    ReplyDelete